- You text a guest to let her know you’re running a bit late for your interview with her but fall asleep while typing and send a text that may or may not contain profanity and racial slurs.
- You feel a bit irked when a scheduled guest doesn’t answer the phone at interview time but realize you scheduled the interview for tomorrow, and you’re the dolt, not him.
- You confirm his interview time tomorrow but forget the time difference and confirm an interview at 5:30am his time (you also realize why he wasn’t responding when you called earlier).
- You realize your mistake and send a follow-up email confirming the time by spelling it out so there’s no confusion, i.e., 11:30PT/8:30ET.
- You realize that the east coast is three hours ahead of California and send yet another email correcting the time and defending yourself that you’re not usually such a flake.
- You forget an interview scheduled for yourself where you are supposed to call the radio show. (You’ve turned your phone ringer off because you’re so dang responsible and together, but because God is good, you just happen to see their number flash when they phone you 10 minutes later.)
- You completely lose your train of thought during the interview.
How you know you still have two brain cells to rub together:
- You confess you’ve lost your train of thought, tell them you’re 53, the convention is like Mardi Gras without the boobs and beads, and you haven’t had any sleep.
- Everyone laughs, and they think you’re a wonderfully entertaining guest.